A Moment Of Wellness: Simple Holistic Wellness Tips To Try At Home
At CT ENT, we blend traditional medicine and holistic options to help guide patients on their journey to achieve overall wellness. This healing-oriented method takes account of the whole person (body, mind, and spirit), including all aspects of lifestyle.
We know that these are challenging times, which can cause stress and worry. A variety of simple holistic wellness practices can be done at home to help bring balance and calm to your day. Below are a few ideas to try!
- It’s easy to set up a calming environment or space within your busy home or office. Add a plant or two of any size to your desk or counter to boost your sense of inner well being. Plants also help to purify the air. Spider plants and Aloe Vera plants are easy low maintenance options.
- Essential Oils are the most common way to enjoy Aromatherapy, well known to improve mood and lessen stress. If you don't have essential oils, you can add some Eucalyptus bath soaps or salts to a bath or foot soak.
- Drink plenty of water to improve energy, lessen fatigue and boost the immune system. Our bodies are made up of 60 percent water with heart, blood and brain being 70-80 percent water. Add a freshly washed piece of lemon, lime or orange rind to give water a fresh crisp inviting taste!
- 4. A diet with colorful vegetables boost the immune system and can aid with digestion. Seventy percent of the immune system is located in the gut. A daily probiotic is helpful to balance the intestinal flora and boost the immune system.
- 5. Taking time for oneself every day preferably in nature is important. Even 15 minutes sitting next to a tree or flower, or looking quietly out the window at the trees is valuable. Awareness of the stillness within us is known to improve a feeling of balance and centeredness.
We are here to help with your holistic wellness needs, whether you need to be seen in-person at one of our safe and clean offices, or via a telehealth virtual visit with a CT ENT provider. Make an appointment today to meet with a provider by calling 203-716-6008.